Beard grooming kit for men
If you’re looking for the best grooming kit then you’ve found the right blog post. This Christmas, let’s get him the perfect gift. Beard grooming kits are the perfect way to maintain and take care of your man’s beard that is easier, simpler, and less costly than ever before! In the comfort of your own home, he can get that barbershop look without actually having to go to the barbershop.
Picking the right beard kit can be a challenge, but we’re here to help you out by providing you with the combination of products in our Beard Baus Kit. The last thing you want is to purchase an overly expensive kit with minimal products included.
Why are grooming kits necessary?
Beard grooming kits are essential for any man that wants to look his best. Whether he has some stubble or a full-on beard, he’ll need to be able to groom his beard. Without adequate grooming, beards can become coarse, untamed, and very itchy.
For those men with long beards, they may need to trim their beards every couple of days. And having to go to the barber every few days is not worth it. Everyone is different. Everyone’s hair grows at different rates so it may vary from person to person.
There are tons of kits out there, but obviously, they’re not all the same. A kit should not only include products, but also tools for your beard.
A good grooming kit should include the following:
- Beard shampoo & conditioner
- Beard oil
- Beard balm
- Beard hair brush and comb
Depending on the kit you buy, the products included may vary. Now that you know what a good kit should includes, let’s talk about our Beard Grooming & Trimming kit.
Our Beard Baus grooming & trimming kit
What's included in our Beard Baus kit?
- 1 x Unscented Beard Oil
- 1 x Unscented Beard Balm
- 1 x 100% Boar Bristle Beard Brush
- 1 x Wooden Beard Comb
- 1 x Stainless Steel Beard Scissors
- 1 x Beard Shampoo
- 1 x Beard Shaping Tool
- 1 x Beard Apron Bib with Suction Cups
Although we do not have an actual beard conditioner, we recommend using the beard balm as a leave-in conditioner.
Tips for a great beard
- First and foremost, finding the right beard shape for your face. In the beginning, it may be hard to fight the urge to trim or style it, but allowing the beard to grow in for a few weeks will give the beard time to grow in evenly.
- Washing it regularly is also very important especially during the beginning stages. This prevents itchiness and food from becoming trapped, which may happen on occasion.
- Learning and knowing how and when to trim. Not only will you need to learn how to trim your beard, but you will need to learn to train your beard. Combing or brushing the beard daily can help train the hairs to grow in the same downward direction.
- If you don’t have a mustache, you can skip this step. If you do, then trim every few days
How do I use the Beard Baus grooming kit?
Some may think trimming a beard with scissors is a lot harder than your normal electric trimmer. However, it’s actually easier than you think. Using scissors will allow you to take your time, and trim only a little bit off your beard at a time. This will ensure fewer mistakes and will allow you to get a more polished look!
Here are simple steps on how you can achieve a Beard Baus look:
- Wash your beard with our Beard Shampoo and pat down to dry. You don’t want to trim your beard with wet hair because it will cause shrinkage when it dries.
- Use a small amount of the Beard Baus Balm and wooden Baus Comb to help you create the shape you want.
- Put on the Beard Apron and attach the suction cups to the mirror.
- When using the Beard Scissors, start slowly trimming, going back and forth between trimming and combing it out again. This ensures you are going to continuously get a good shape with your beard.
- If you do have a beard clipper or a straight edge razor, this is where you can use the Baus shaping tool.
- After you finish trimming your beard, remove and throw away the excess hair that fell onto the apron.
- Finish off your beard with our Beard Oil. Take a few drops into your hand (drops depend on how big your beard is) rub hands together to start warming up the product. Then starting from the root, massage oil into the beard. Make sure when you do this step, you are getting oil onto your actual skin and not just the hairs. This will help prevent itchiness and keep skin moisturized.
- Top it off with another small amount of balm and Baus Brush to finalize styling.