What is a Loofah?To start we should go over what a loofah is. A loofah is a popular shower accessory used to clean and exfoliate the skin. There are two kinds of loofahs. You have probably seen both at your local store. One is usually colorful and soft. Those are made dried sea sponge or coral. Natural loofahs are a beige color and are more coarse. These are still safe to use but come from a gourd in the cucumber family. Loofah gourds are grown in tropical and subtropical climates. However, once they rose to popularity during World War II many have been imported or even grown in warmer climates. Once this plant blooms the flower develops into a long gourd like plant. This looks like cucumber or zucchini. Once they are harvested they must be left out to dry for about 6 months or so. From there they are soaked in water to peel and remove the seeds. Stores can sell them cut up or still in their long-form. Once they are dry you can cut or shape them how you would like.
5 Reasons to Use A Loofah Soap
- Exfoliates the Skin: The outer layer of your skin sheds daily. This can cause dry patches, or even rough skin. Exfoliation helps remove the dead skin cells to have a soft feel.
- Perfectly safe to Use: As mentioned before these come from a plant and do not contain anything artificial.
- Stimulates Blood Circulation: Any friction you make to your skin increases localized blood flow. Capillaries, the tiny blood vessels closest to your skin, naturally expand when stimulated.
Facts About Our Loofah SoapAt Amire, our mission is to make all-natural products. This includes our soaps. That being said out loofah soaps help exfoliate, soften, and make your skin glow. Our soaps are also targeted to specific needs. For example, our lemongrass loofah is great for stubborn discoloration. This is commonly seen on elbows and knees.
- 100% Natural: Made from Coconut Oil, Glycerin, Caster Oil, Rosemary, Essential Oil, Natural Loofah, Maris Sal (Dead Sea Salt), Tea Tree Oil. All- natural ingredients create a therapeutic feeling in the shower.
- Large 250G Size: Our size is about 50% larger than other loofa soaps on Amazon.
- Detox & Heal: Our all-natural loofah and its soap is perfect to help your body detox and heal. Formulated with dead sea salts, and other nourishing ingredients, this soap and loofah will help your skin exfoliate, and soften.
- No More Bath Sponge or Gloves Needed: This duo is the perfect combination. You no longer need to have separate items. Just rotate the loofah as needed to get as much or as little soap as you need.
How to Use our Loofah
- Step 1: Prepare Your Skin. In the shower or bath, wet your body with warm water. This helps your skin open up its pores.
- Step 2: Prepare Your Loofah. Go ahead and wet the loofah as well. This is to make sure it is not too rough, and it helps the soap as well. The more water you add, the softer the loofah will get.
- Step 3: Start Scrubbing. Take your time and carefully scrub your body with the loofah. Try to use small circular motions. This will help remove dead skin cells and is gentle to the skin. It doesn't take a lot of pressure to loosen and remove the top layer of dead skin cells.
- Step 4: Rinse Well. Rinse your skin with warm water.
- Step 5: Moisturize. Once you are out of the shower pat yourself dry and moisturize.
How To Keep Your Loofah Soap Clean.
While loofahs are a great shower tool. They also need maintenance. Loofahs gather your dead skin cells and any bacteria in your shower. It is important to clean your loofah and replace it every 30 days.
- Rinse it well: After each use, you should squeeze and shake out as much access water as you can.
- Keep It dry: Bacteria loves growing in wet places, so try to keep your loofah as dry as possible.
- Replace It: Try to replace your loofah every month.