Dermarolling is a skincare practice that uses a tool with hundreds of titanium micro-needles to puncture your skin. A derma roller can help with skin rejuvenation by reducing the appearance of scars, enlarged pores, wrinkles, and even stretch marks. By rolling the derma roller over your face it will create microdermabrasions (small cuts to the top skin layer). Since your skin needs to heal, it will start to increase blood flow and produce more collagen. This is what creates tighter, and more radiant skin.
About our Derma Roller Size
Derma rollers can have a few varying sizes. However, we recommend that you only use 0.3mm or 0.25mm sizes at home. Larger sizes are used in clinics and should only be done by professionals.
Our derma roller is 0.3mm. This is perfect for anti-aging, enlarge pores, and fine lines. In addition, you can also use this for stretch marks! The derma roller isn’t just for your face. You can gently roll it over any stretch marks. If used consistently, the appearance of your stretch marks will start to fade. You can also pair this up with our coffee scrub to help with stretch marks.
Benefits of using a Derma Roller
- Signs of ageing (fine lines & wrinkles)
- Sun damage
- Uneven skin tones
- Age spots
- Stretch marks
- Scars including acne scars
- Dry/rough skin
- Loose skin
The derma roller helps by going a little deeper into your skin. This starts the healing process but also allows any serums and lotions you use to go deeper. We suggest using our vitamin C serum to not only heal your skin but help with any other problem spots.
It is important to note that any new user should always spot test any new products. Always try it on a small area and wait 24 hours to see if you have any reaction. The derma roller is also not meant to be used on acne. Acne can be caused by bacteria. By rolling over it you run the risk of spreading the bacteria. Consult your dermatologist if you have acne and want to use a derma roller.
Prepping your skin and Derma Roller
If you buy a brand new derma roller from us the product is sterilized, put in its plastic case, and then sealed in a plastic baggy. This is ready to go. But before starting you should wash your hands, face, or any area you plan to use the roller on. Then pat dry.
Once you have used the derma roller make sure to soak the needs in rubbing alcohol. When you use it again make sure to soak it again to make sure it is sterile once again.
How to use the Derma Roller
- Soak the derma roller in rubbing alcohol for at least 30 seconds.
- Wash your hands, face, or anywhere you’re using the roller.
- Make sure to pat your skin dry before starting.
- Once you’re ready to roll keep a few things in mind.
- Do not apply strong pressure. You are just gently rolling.
- Only roll each area only once.
- The roller should be moving upwards (away from the handle).
- Roll in the direction of your skin upwards, and outwards.
- Apply the serum into circular motions into your skin.
- Rinse the derma roller and soak in rubbing alcohol.
Tip: It’s best to use the roller and serum at night.