Dermarolling is a skincare practice which uses a tool with hundreds of titanium micro-needles to puncture your skin, I know scary, but no! A dermaroller can help with skin rejuvenation by reducing the appearance of scars, enlarged pores, wrinkles, and even stretch marks. Once those needles are rolled over your skin, it will create microdermabrasions (small cuts to the top skin layer), which causes those areas to produce newer healthier skin! When the needles are larger than 0.30 mm, that’s when you are getting into wound healing stimulation, therefore it is recommended on only using 0.25 or 0.30 mm needle size at home. All larger sizes should be used only by a professional at a clinic.
Make sure you read everything before using your derma roller kit.
Tips About Derma Roller Needle Size
- 0.25mm-0.3mm: For anti-aging, enlarged pores and fine lines, especially around the eyes.
- 1.0mm: For mild acne scars, chicken pox scarring, even surgical scarring, light stretch marks, skin laxity, and wrinkles.
- 1.5mm: Very deep acne scars.
Who Can Use it!
Almost anyone can use it! As with any new treatment, be sure to use it on a small area of your body to check for skin sensitivities. Not everyone will react the same. If your skin has eczema, psoriasis, and warts (which are prone to spreading) rolling all over your face isn’t ideal as to can cause spreading and making the skin worse!
What the dermaroller can improve?
- Signs of Visible aging (Fine Lines & Wrinkles)
- Sun Damage
- Stretch Marks and Scars: Dermarolling helps reduce the appearance of scars by breaking up old collagen and forming a new matrix of collagen that better follows the skins natural pattern, rather than the unidirectional pattern that the scar is from.
- Dry/Rough Skin (Our Vitamin C serum will hydrate your skin quickly!
- Enlarged Pores
- Uneven Texture
- Pigment/Age Spots: People have reported improvement in pigmentation after dermarolling the level of success varies per person due ton a number of factors. Since dermarolling has said to help regulate melanogenesis and melanocyte differentiation, which help improves aging.
- Acne Scars: DO NOT USE ROLLER ON ACNE. Rolling over Acne may spread the bacteria and make the skin condition worse. Dermarolling is to be used to improve the appearance of ACNE SCARS and also helps better deliver acne production.
- Loose Skin
Prepping your dermaroller before use
A dermaroller can be used on the face and body! How exciting is that! But don’t go crazy, rolling too hard onto your face frequently can damage your skin and have the reverse effect you are looking for! Using a dermaroller on your face, you want to go in a system where you’re going horizontally and you are creating little channels into your face.
Step by Step Rolling Instructions
- ALWAYS start with clean skin! Thoroughly washing your face and neck. Make sure you remove all makeup, creams, lotions, and other products that were used prior to you starting this process. Allowing random products to penetrate your skin can lead to undesired results and irritation.
- Sanitize the roller thoroughly with alcohol. (DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP)
- Prepare your skin for rolling with an antiseptic or saline wash
- Hold the roller gently and begin rolling your face. Do NOT use too much pressure, this will lead to pain and irritation. Your goal is to penetrate the top layer of your skin.
- If it seems like your roller is pulling or dragging on your skin, check the needles to ensure they are not bent.
- When you begin rolling, be sure to only roll in one direction which is pulling towards the handle. You should never push it away from the handle. For the best results, roll no more than 2 to 4 inches each at a time.
- Going back and forth causes the needle to also re-enter the same hole repeatedly, which can cause irritation and also waste your time! ALWAYS roll UPWARDS and OUTWARDS.
- Once you are done rolling that pretty face of yours, grab our awesome serum and apply 1 to 2 drops on each cheek, 1 on the forehead, and another on your chin. Gently massage the serum into the skin with your fingers using a circular motion. MAKE SURE YOUR HANDS ARE CLEAN!
- Disinfect roller by rinsing it with warm water first, then clean your roller with alcohol BEFORE you put it back into the container!
- Put back into container and store for use at least 7+ days later. We recommend using it once every 2 weeks.
Once you rolled your beautiful face it is time to continue that skin care routine with the products! Wait 24 hours after your rolling session to begin using anti-aging products, collagen-stimulating products and brighteners. Our vitamin C serum, not only brightens your skin but also hydrates! This combo is best used as a NIGHT TIME routine, so you’re not exposed to the sun when you are more susceptible to damage. The serum can be used every night.
How to Properly Clean and Store Your Dermaroller
Good vs Bad Dermarollers
PLEASE make sure your roller has REAL individual needles. Using a fake roller can harm your skin and leave your skin with build up, EW!
Before placing your order, compare prices to other sites. Some that are ridiculously cheap, could mean their rollers are cheap or made of steel needles. Steel needles rust very easily. STAY AWAY! Purchase only one with titanium needles.
Examine the needles, make sure they are properly aligned with each other, and they are not different sizes and heights. Return right away if you notice bent/broken needles, or if the dermaroller is not in a sealed sanitized packaging.